Monday, October 26, 2015

Free Vacation Rental Listing Sites

Hello there,

This is my first post! My intention is to make this blog the perfect place to talk about vacation rental listing sites (my favorite subject).



Here is a current reference to the top-ranking search results for the keyword: "free vacation listings sites" on 10/28/2015.

A) Rentomoreweeks.com Here you can find comments about the top sites for "free vacation rental listings":



1. Housetrip (UK-based, 10% to 20% fee added to the traveler)

2. Welcome-worldwide

2. welcome-worldwide.com   No longer Free! (fees)

3. Bobzio (free)

4. Vacation Rental Connection

5. Domegos

6. Free-rentals

In other post on the same site they mention:

HomeEscape (Recommended)


B) Blog.myvr.com This blog post is more for vacation rental owners who want to create backlinks (for SEO) to their vacation rental sites. The following are great resources:
  1. scenicrentals.com (PR 4) (Sold to HomeAway)
  2. petvr.com (PR 4) (Only pet-friendly listings)
  3. rentalspot.com (PR3) (Looks good)
  4. findyourvacationhome.com (PR 3)
  5. dwellable.com (PR 3) (Sold to HomeAway)
  6. adventurepads.com (PR 3) (Works Fine)
  7. fhbo.com (PR 2) (Furnished Housing, Yes it works!)
  8. escapelets.com (PR 2) (Closed after 10 years!)
  9. trekkvacations.com (PR 1) (Not working)
  10. qualityvacationrental.com (PR 1) (Closed)



c) Vacation Rental Connection has an old-fashioned design (circa 2005). It looks outdated, but it could be useful.



These other results are fee-involved, aside from Quora; a popular forum where people talk about Airbnb’s competition with extensive commentary. Here is a supplemental list of sites found on Quora:

http://www.vacationrentals.com (Paid, Belongs to HomeAway)
travelmob (Paid, Belongs to HomeAway)
http:/caribound.com   (Caribbean only)
http:/villabound.com  (Villas Only)
Roomorama.com (Paid)
foftravel.com  (I couldn't use it, looks like under construction, but it promess to be good)
kozaza.com (Korea-based, Paid)


Update 10/29/2015
My Favorite sites:
Couchsurfing.comEven though I won't use it myself, it is a fun idea to share. Why not? Maybe I'll give my home to some random stranger someday – or maybe not. It looks like a great idea for solo travelers on a budget. 

HomeEscape.com has a modern and useful design. They are clearly free; that's why they show ads on their listings, but still have all the features from one of the big players. Even there were no listings in my city, I added my property to their site, and now I rank at the top of the search results for my city!
Paristay.com  What can I say? J’aime Paris!  The site features excellent descriptions, design photos, and colors! C’est parfait! Indeed, I'm planning my next trip.



Update 11/16/2015

 

Let's be honest.. you are looking for..


How to advertise a vacation rental for free?

 

 

The best 100% Free site to advertise and book focused in the US market are:

2Bobzio.com

3vacationrentalconnection.com

4) domengos.com

5) free-rentals.com

6) localo.com 

 

 

  
Comments, Suggestions? I can't wait to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Vacation Rental is completely Un-Encrypted, very easy to use & loaded with top notch features. Easy customization and powerful performance

    ReplyDelete